Transforming the Education Industry’s Communications
Our UC solutions can be powerful agents of change for educational institutions.
Educational institutions must continually find innovative ways to improve processes and enhance systems to benefit the needs of students and the working conditions of faculty and administrators.
Our Unified Communications solution merges voice, data, video, chat, presence, and mobility applications onto a single easy-to-use platform. This gives school staff access to effective tools that will enable them to achieve goals for improving communications responsiveness, productivity, and dissemination of information, while enhancing safety and security, and reducing costs.
A More Connected, Mobile, and Safe Education Solution
Dissemination of knowledge is no longer tied to a physical campus or traditional classrooms. Cloud-based computing, mobile connectivity, and streaming video enable collaboration and learning to take place anytime and anywhere. Our robust suite of management communication tools enables institution staff to monitor and track all streams of communication for improved productivity and efficiency.
- When deployed as a district-wide implementation, IT staff can maintain and program all campuses with one single administration tool.
- Web-based management allows IT to quickly change calling privileges for teachers, administrators, and other staff from an easy-to-use, single pane of glass interface.
- With Zultys MX Mobile, school staff can communicate instantly with each other by voice, chat, or video to enhance collaboration and increase productivity.
- In a school environment Zultys IP desktop phones can be moved from room to room without IT assistance.
For school districts and higher education institutions, communication isn’t simply about a communications system. It’s about fostering collaboration inside and outside the classroom between educators and parents. Our UC delivers the necessary tools to foster an environment of faster communication between these groups.
- Voicemail / fax to email — Manage calls from parents and other teachers from the office, from home, or on the go from smartphones.
- Allows for operators to answer from home during snow days, or during an emergency when reaching school isn’t possible.
- Presence notification via PC, tablet, or mobile device screen shows teacher and administrator availability to take calls or chat.
- Faculty like janitorial staff, security, or any other mobile personnel can use their phone extension on the go.
- Built-in conferencconferencing allows staff to schedule audio and video meetings and share screens and files with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
Ensuring that students, faculty, and staff are kept safe is a paramount concern for every educational institution today. A Unified Communications solution provides tools for enhancing safety to everyone in a school setting.
- Enhanced ability to react to situations and communicate immediately. For example, administrators can press a button on a desktop IP phone or a mobile device and connect to built-in speakers on a classroom phone.
- MX mobile support safeguards employees and students in and around a building by allowing faculty to communicate quickly and discreetly with each other in times of emergency.
- In the event of a 911 emergency at any school, the Zultys system automatically notifies selected school staff that a 911 call has been placed. Notification includes building location along with the room number and extension of the 911 call, to drastically improve emergency response time.
MX Mobile provides staff access to shared information at any time, from wherever they are, fostering a cohesive and connected work environment. Using tools like voice, chat, presence alerts, SMS messaging, and more, employees are reachable in a multitude of ways, keeping connectivity and communication constant. Additionally, school employees have access to their email, voice mail, and more, regardless of their location.
- MX Mobile allows faculty to make calls and SMS text messages to parents with the built-in softphone. They can also see their call log, change their status, and even send secure IMs to other teachers and administrative staff while on the go, in the halls, in the lunchroom, or off campus.
- Enable effective communications during campus events by connecting mobile staff who are outside of school buildings, like security, maintenance, and drivers, with on-premise school administration and teachers, for improved coordination and emergency response if needed.